Are You In an Abusive Relationship?
“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent” – Eleanor Roosevelt
There are many levels of abuse. When people think of abusive relationships they often associate them with some kind of physical abuse. Although physical abuse is one of the worst forms of an abusive relationship, abuse does not have to by physical, it comes in many disguises.
The different types of abusive relationships range from emotional, verbal, mental, sexual and physical or any combination of these. If you find yourself in an abusive relationship and you are trying to figure a way to get out, you need to proceed very carefully.
Some of the warning signs are:
* They blame you for everything, especially their anger or jealousy
* They are violent or they threaten you
* They control where you go, who you see and when
* They isolate you from all or most activities and friends
* They have bouts of uncontrollable emotional outbreaks
* They demean you, humiliate you, insult you, or embarrass you
* They make you feel insignificant and scared
* They force you to do things sexually
* They make you feel terrible about yourself
* You cause all the problems and they cause none of them
* And on and on